Thunderbird 2.0 ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bernado

Thunderbird 2.0 ?

Post by bernado »

Hy Clem and Community,

is there any chance to see the new version of thunderbird in mint repositories or Software Portal ? The version shipped with Cassandra was the old onejavascript:emoticon(':oops:')
Embarassed

Bernado
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Mint relies on the Ubuntu repos for this, we can't afford to build our own yet. So when it appears there it appears here - I don't know wy this has not happened yet
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Back when I was using Ubuntu (Edgy) I followed these instructions to update FF and T-Bird:

http://pykeylogger.sourceforge.net/wiki ... la#Updates

As I recall you break the normal update link in the repository, but you can update to latest as they come out.

I don't know if this is something the development team would recommend and I personally would not do so without some input from them .... well I may play with another test box javascript:emoticon(':wink:'), because now I'm curious.
bernado

Post by bernado »

I found a repository, added it to the sources.list and installed Thunderbird 2.0.

http://acorbeaux.free.fr/index.php/#main

Is this okay, I mean this site doesn´t provide any further information about the packager or the people behind it. I always feel better if I´d more information

Bernado
Husse

Post by Husse »

It's okay - but as always when you don't know anything about a site - be cautious - some unwanted code could enter your system as you do the update as root
And I don't know if it breaks the normal update as newW2 mentioned
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

well, the gutsy package works 100% here, you just have to remove version checking ,
Husse

Post by Husse »

Added yesterday

Return to “Software & Applications”