need a OSD for caplocks and flash issue [resolved]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slinxy

need a OSD for caplocks and flash issue [resolved]

Post by slinxy »

Hi
I just installed Gloria on to my netbook, and all is working well even the 3G card (well impressed). :D

But what I do need is an OSD to tell me when the caps lock is on as there's no led on the netbook. I also seem to have an issue in facebook poker; the only game I play, where the page wont display the table list. its just blank. I tried updating both firefox and flash playerbut no joy.

Thank you in advance...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DruKe

Re: need a OSD for caplocks and flash issue

Post by DruKe »

As far as the caps lock:
sudo apt-get install lock-keys-applet

Your flash problem: Is there a problem with flash anywhere else or just this game? Have you tried installing gnash to replace the adobe version? I find it's much better on slower hardware to begin with.
slinxy

Post by slinxy »

thanks..

I tried installing lock keys applet but this is all a got:

Code: Select all

slinxy@HMs-NetBook ~ $ sudo apt-get install lock-keys-applet
[sudo] password for slinxy: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
lock-keys-applet is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.
slinxy@HMs-NetBook ~ $ 
and as a result nothing changed...
EDIT: its me, being a noob... lol I've added the applet to the taskbar now.

with the flash issue, on further investigation realised its not flash that's causing the issue but shockwave.
DruKe

Post by DruKe »

Very cool. Glad you found it.

If you're fixed up, add [RESOLVED] to the subject line!
Thanks!

Return to “Beginner Questions”