How do I change (import) cursors?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stevenborthick

How do I change (import) cursors?

Post by stevenborthick »

I'm using LM7 Gloria Xfce.
How do I import cursors? I understand that to change your cursor, just right-click on the Desktop/Settings/Mouse, and there are three preset cursor sets available.
What do I do next?
Thanx.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: How do I change (import) cursors?

Post by richyrich »

Well, if I have downloaded the tar.bz file to my desktop, I would right-click, open with Archive Manager.
I would also have the cursor window opened like you have, then drag the folder from inside the archive manager window to the cursor window . . .done!

regards, richy
stevenborthick

Post by stevenborthick »

Okay, I tried that, but neither the files nor the archive moved into the "Themes" tab when I dragged it over.
It's a .zip folder, and all the cursors are .cur files.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Those are for Windows !

Use the Artwork link in Firefox, or go to gnome-look.org and download 'em from there.
stevenborthick

(SOLVED) Re: How do I change (import) cursors?

Post by stevenborthick »

Aww, bummer. Is there any way I can convert these specific cursors?

EDIT: SOLVED: Okay, nevermind! They happened to have the cursor set I was looking for on the website you gave me! Gnome-look.org is going on my favourites list.

Return to “Beginner Questions”