Mint 8 RC1 Netgear Wireless Support

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lexon

Re: Mint 8 RC1 Netgear Wireless Support

Post by lexon »

I installed Mint 8 and the wireless looked just fine for me. Lower right of the screen I saw the icon for networks. The icon for me is between the padlock icon and icon for the sound level. Right click and I see five options to choose from.
Enable Networking
Enable Wireless
Connection info
Edit Connections
Help

lex
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

Homer wrote:I downloaded the Mint 8 RC1 and it seemed to start OK from the live CD but I was unable to establish a wireless connection with my Netgear wireless card. Under Mint 7 there was a drop down menu which let you choose Netgear Atheros. I couldn't find this option under Mint 8. Is it no longer supported or should I be looking elsewhere within Mint 8?

Thank you.
Although my network card is Broadcom the problem was the same. Try going to Hardware Drivers and see if your driver is there. You will need an ethernet connection to download it, but, mine worked after that.
lexon

Post by lexon »

Oops I was thinking of a Netgear Router which I use for wireless connecting.
lex

Return to “Beginner Questions”