Regnum Online crashes and login

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ravengirl1960

Regnum Online crashes and login

Post by ravengirl1960 »

For the last two days, I'd be playing, everything was working fine. Then I'd lose either sound or texture graphics and the game would crash. It just crashed again (noon, EST) and now when I try to log in, I get no world listing.

It's the same password, that's not the issue.

I'm running:
Linux Mint 7
ATI 3300 onboard vid
4G RAM
Phenom II Quad Core 3.0
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Regnum Online crashes and login

Post by DrHu »

The hardware is probably fine, it's the game that is the problem..
  • Well, apart from the usual caveats about ATI card types..
http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/sh ... hp?t=18206
ravengirl1960

Re: Regnum Online crashes and login

Post by ravengirl1960 »

It worked fine for about two weeks till I did an upgrade in the distros. Then my KDE got borked as well. It takes
10 minutes for the desktop to load and if you click on any application, say, terminal, it freezes.

But Gnome works fine (other than the game crashing now). And I just split a partition off and installed the 8 RC
(I'm posting from it now) and KDE and it's going fine. So mighta been some combo there that mucked it up.

Assuming 8 works fine, after a couple of weeks, I'm gonna transfer the data and wipe 7.

Return to “Beginner Questions”