I'm loving Mint 8

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

I'm loving Mint 8

Post by Pepi »

I've got an older Gateway laptop that I've never been able to get the sound and wireless to work correctly. I downloaded Mint 8 today and just installed it. Sound and wireless both work great. Thanks Mint team !!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: I'm loving Mint 8

Post by richyrich »

Hi Pepi, :)

Nice to hear, and welcome!
It's still in RC stage, but if you stick with the level 1 & 2 updates, you'll be running a stable, full edition before anyone else can download it. :D

regards, richy
eeezzzeee

Post by eeezzzeee »

I have to agree with the OP, i installed helena today to test it out, and have not run into any problems yet. so far everything is working good.
bobpur
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bobpur »

I just got Linux Mint 8 up and running on a Toshiba Tecra S2.

The only thing screwy is the software manager. A couple of programs I wanted to install would "gray-out" the Dialogue Box and nothing more would happen. I'm not worried, though, as this is just a Release Candidate. These kinds of problems tend to work themselves out eventually.

Everything else works great.

Return to “Beginner Questions”