Install Mint over Ubuntu

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
d0ped

Re: Install Mint over Ubuntu

Post by d0ped »

So are you saying you want to dual-boot or wipe drive and start fresh.

I'm not really understanding your post
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
metroid_maniac

Post by metroid_maniac »

Nosaji wrote:I want to install Mint over Ubuntu. Last time I tried to wipe my Ubuntu partition I wrecked my computer. Whatever boot loader Ubuntu installed would error and I coudln't even boot back into windows. I just watend to makie sure I was doing everything correct this time.

Also, how do I reuse the same swap space that I am using for Ubuntu?

Thanks.
Run the Linux Mint Live CD, use GParted and delete Ubuntu, Install Linux Mint. This will re-install the bootloader and SHOULD fix the problem.
lexon

Post by lexon »

I have done this quite a few times with different distros. All I do is select, Take over whole drive.

lex

Return to “Beginner Questions”