why are there no drivers installed in my desktop?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lagagnon

Re: why are there no drivers installed in my desktop?

Post by lagagnon »

Open a terminal and type "inxi -G" and show us the output of that command.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Please give some basic info about your computer - make, model, processor, clock freq, installed ram, etc.

Also, please run lspci (first letter is lower case L) in terminal and post the results here.

Once we have enough information, we can suggest a course of action.

<EDIT> Once more lagagnon is quicker on the keyboard. I must be aging faster than I thought I was(LOL).

Nerdio,

listen to lagagnon. He will get you going if anyone can.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

How is anyone supposed to know when you just edit your first post? You should have Replied to them! Then it would have been noticed!
Error: Software Rasterizer in use
Means that your graphics card is not capable of 3D hardware rendering. It is using the best possible driver available (AIGLX). You may get some basic compositing, but it is not capable of full 3D effects, sorry! :(

If this is really important to you, you may have to consider upgrading your graphics card.

richy
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

Nerdio wrote:can anyone please help i've been waiting for a reply....for the whole day..i edited the question with more information... this website is extremely slow at helping, never in my life have i seen an answer this slow
Forum members are not at your beck and call. We are all volunteers who do this to help others - so you should not expect immediate nor even replies within less than 24 hours ( think about it : forum members are from around the world. They may not even be awake when you post). In fact, with your attitude you are lucky anyone posted back to you at all.

As richyrich says, plus read this, halfway down:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx

That is an old video chip, unlikely to do any fancy rendering but you could try the latest driver from the Matrox website.

Return to “Beginner Questions”