Problems with auto-mounting devices under 'Helena'

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Shirai

Problems with auto-mounting devices under 'Helena'

Post by Shirai »

Dear forum,

I installed the Helena RC a few day ago on a newly built computer and updated it later to the stable release.
Unfortunately, I have several problems auto-mounting devices, in particular USB-devices.

Normally, Mint recognises automatically when I put USB-sticks (storage) on the computer. This time, nothing happens. Also the CD/DVD-drive is unmounted when I start the computer. I can mount it by clicking the icon which I added to the panel bar. But no USB-device appears there when I insert an USB-stick.

Furthermore, I have an USB-mouse, which malfunctions from time to time. Sometimes, it works, sometimes it does not work when I start the computer. Mainboard is an ASRock N68-S.

I did already check if I have all packages installed which are normally needed to automount usb devices (I compared the installed packages with the ones I have installed on my very well working Gloria system).

Does anyone have an idea to help me?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Shirai
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Problems with auto-mounting devices under 'Helena'

Post by Husse »

This seems to me to be a problem with hardware
Most problems of the type "now it works, now it doesn't" is hardware related (at least if it is continuous)
PS - You don't mount a CD/DVD drive - you mount the discs - so the CD/DVD drive is never mounted at boot

Return to “Hardware Support”