"powered By Linux Mint"

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Re: "powered By Linux Mint"

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Thanks TeZ!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

Are people Receiving their stickers?
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

TeZ, yes i just received them in the mail - 2 of them are already on my wife's thinkpad. They look very nice. At first i could not tell they were stickers. trying to peel the backing off was a bit tough; but then it came off.

Beautiful job.

(p.s. you should see how much more expensive it is to have them coated with whatever type of coating they usually come with.) It would help protect the stickers better.

Thank you for helping us out with the beauts! :D :D :D
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

trust me, i would love to make the stickers glossy, and maybe i will... its just ... its a pretty penny more, a few people have been kind and thrown a dollar or two my way. im keeping track of it, and if it gets anywhere near where the cost of glossy stickers cost, you guys will see um.

I know the backing is a little tough to get off, but i take my finger nail and try and dget it with that, if that doest work a knife works just fine.

Anyone else get their stickers?? Feedback please?!?!!!!

Ive also got an idea with a site.... only problem is ... it will cost me a great deal of money.

My idea is to make a site "MintStickers" Or something..... it will be a "Store" that will sell the stickers....
The costs will be extremely low per sticker, possibly 25 to 50 cents... but have all sorts, laptop powers by stickers, larger ones, desktop case stickers, round vista looking ones, Vinyl/ metal/ what ever. all different styles, all different types, bumper stickers maybe? i dont know... people will be able to submit ideas to me, and their stickers will go up for sale.
Hopefully it would grow to more than just a mint sticker site, but a linux sticker, come find your distro!
look for it in the future....
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

You did good! My comment on the gloss is just to make it more long term and scuff resistant.

I am glad that you offered them. I also sent a couple of bucks your way for the cost!

I am pleased!!!

Norman
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
Philip550c

Post by Philip550c »

Is it still possible to get some of these?
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

Yes sir. PM me... ill reply with an address to send a self addressed stamped envelope.
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

Just received the stickers today and thanks heaps!

Very happy with the out come of the final product - Tolga @ Parmelia, Western Australia :mrgreen:
HP EILITE FOLIO 9470M i7-3667u x 4
GitHub: tolgaerok
Image Image
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

Thanks! i appreciaet the feed back, while i know they arent "top notch" stickers, i do think they came out pretty Ok. Thanks, i wanna hear from others who received theirs as well.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

i believe with in the next week i will be receiving higher quality stickers, they will be printed on a high quality wax printer.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

deadguy just got yours and it will be headed out tomorrow morning. (12-2-09) Thank you Very much for your donation.

I just wanted to thank everyone whos contributed to recouping costs. that dollar or two from a bunch of people has helped, and like i said, i should be getting a bit of a higher quality sticker. Right now i am planning on a higher gloss sticker, i believe at this moment it will be printed on a glossy paper with a wax ink.
Only problem with this from what i hear is the ink CAN be scratched off.... you have to want too.... but it is a concern.....
I dont believe it will be a big enough issue to warrant not getting them. You will see them shortly. with the amount of support i have received, i am hopeing to keep coming out with new types of stickers.... we will see as time goes on.

THANK YOU EVERYONE, for both your donations, and yes, even your using of these stickers.

everyone at this moment who has sent me an envelope should have gotten their stickers back (except deadguy which will be going out tomorrow) let me know what you think if you have received stickers.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

so far so good. They look very nice. Thanks for your work and getting these stickers done and out to us. :)
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

TheTeZ,

just got my stickers in the mail today.
excellent job on them!!
perfect size!! on my laptop the Minty sticker fits perfectly over the vista one. :D
it's so nice to see "powered by LinuxMint" instead of M$ !!

Cheers,

Deadguy
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

thanks man, thats their intent! ... only i left xp on my lappy, so i put it next to it.... dunno why... i never use XP
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

TheTeZ wrote:thanks man, thats their intent! ... only i left xp on my lappy, so i put it next to it.... dunno why... i never use XP

that's cool!! "freedom of choice" :D

that is me on irc btw.. I was afk most of today, sorry I missed you.
I had lots of errands to run etc.

cheers,

Deadguy
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

so ive definitely been slacking on the wax stickers, but dont worry they are coming, works just been crazy.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

at least you are working - biz has been dead for me for 3 months - 2nd time this year and this never happens.

My stickers are still on the thinkpad. I have the other 2 put away yet -
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

trust me, im happy to be working, its a nice change of events, but ive got this week and probably next week off, so they should be coming soon. on the 3rd i start a new job, so i am going to try and get them done by then.
killyourfm

Post by killyourfm »

Is it too late to join this sticker party? After YEARS of toying with it, I've finally ditched both mac and windows and am exclusively using Linux Mint - even to produce our podcasts. I'm quite enamored with this distro... (wrote a little piece about it here: http://jasonevangelho.com/2010/01/11/th ... leap-home/

I'd like to use Insomnia Radio's decent popularity to help promote Mint - perhaps by blending our logo (you can see it here) with a "Powered by Linux Mint" tag...

Could anyone here with Gimp-y skills make that happen?
Our logo is here: https://www.box.net/shared/5971rsrhxm
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

I had a go at this:

here and here. (The image doesn't resize on this board so inline viewing's out, sorry).

I couldn't get the main logo and the tag to "blend", really, so it's either in front or behind; the xcf is a bit too large to handle as an attachment so I've uploaded to divshare: here.

I've deposited the tag itself to Artwork so anyone who's interested can grab it from there: link.

[edit:]nuts, I forgot to do any shadowing. I can do it if anyone wants to or the xcf's there, shouldn't be a big job.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”