How do I mount a camera?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
goldstar1
Level 2
Level 2

How do I mount a camera?

Post by goldstar1 »

I have a Samsung telephone with a camera on it. I have a cord that plugs into the camera and a usb port.

Like plugging in a usb stick, it should show up on the desktop where the pictures can be retrieved.

Is there a program that needs to be installed?

I tried f-spot but it cannot detect the camera.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: How do I mount a camera?

Post by lagagnon »

Did you just try clicking the "Computer" icon and seeing if the device is listed there and then open up its directories?
goldstar1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by goldstar1 »

Yes and the camera is not there and the camera is turned on
Intio

Post by Intio »

I'm assuming you have tried unplugging and re-plugging it back in again? What about different USB sockets? Can you try a different cable? The only time this has happened to me, a reboot is all that was needed.

I was going to suggest that there may be a "USB mode" which the camera needs to be activated - but I suppose you would already have been aware of that. Try resetting the computer and plugging back in again.
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

OK then. Open a terminal, type "tail -f /var/log/messages" then plug in your camera and turn it on. Post the new messages you see in the terminal to this thread.
quartus

Post by quartus »

What model do you have anyway? I've got a SGH-F480, wondering if I could use it as a webcam solution as well (5 MP ^^).

Tnx!
Gee7

Post by Gee7 »

Hello
I had the same problem but with a Kodak camera until I installed gThumb Image Viewer from Package Manager (Synaptic) ... I copy photos to my hard drive and also I can delete photos from the camera's memory card with it.

It may not work with your camera but it's worth a try.

Return to “Hardware Support”