Screen recorder/Microphone help!

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jhk30

Screen recorder/Microphone help!

Post by jhk30 »

I just installed linux mint and want to record a video for youtube to show my friend that lives 24 hours away and I want to know what program I should use, and if my microphone will work?

its just a normal Cyber Acoustics gaming headset (mic & headphones) but I only care about the mic working.

I am new to linux so explain like you would to a 5 year old.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deka316

Re: Screen recorder/Microphone help!

Post by deka316 »

Try this: Go to your mint menu and open up your Synaptic Package Manager, then once it is open type in the following: recordmydesktop This program will enable you to make a screencast for your friend. If you have difficulty with your sound, try this open the advanced preferences tab when you open it for the first time, if you are using Linux Mint 8 Helena under the sound settings erase DEFAULT and type in pulse, remember to type it in lowercase. Try it and see if it works, if you need to turn your mic volume up or down go to mint menu>sound and video>Pulse audio device chooser and this should help. If you get stuck, don't stress. Just come back and ask another question, just try to give us as much info as possible, including your linux mint version, as to better help you :D

Return to “Hardware Support”