Linux Mint 8 Helena RC1 released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Uncle Spellbinder

Re: Linux Mint 8 Helena RC1 released!

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

themew wrote:
Arron wrote:On the main page there is how to upgrade to Mint 8 stable, does this mean the stable is out?

Love Mint, its the best!
Yes. Upgraded from 7 to 8 using the GUI instructions yesterday... Solid operating system.
Indeed, a solid OS. But I still need the actual ISO for Helena. I hope one will be available soon. Upgrades/updates are not for me at all. I prefer, need a clean install. Plus, between family and a few friends, I have 7 other computers to install Mint 8 on.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Keep your eyes open!
mmesantos1

Post by mmesantos1 »

Husse wrote:Keep your eyes open!

THanks for the heads up Husse, ISO on Heanet!!! :D
Downloading now!
vecchio

Post by vecchio »

Wheee \o/
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

Post by mzsade »

It's looking a gift horse in the mouth but shouldn't the ISO be available here before anywhere else? Downloading it even as i whine here :D :lol:
Linux User #481272 Reg: 15th Sept., 2008
rfruth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rfruth »

Just downloaded & installed RC1 - so far so good !
Burton

Post by Burton »

Installed Mint8RC on an older Gateway laptop (MX6214) on a new partition. Mint7 and WinXP are on other partitions. This laptop uses broadcom wifi. Mint7 found this and fixed it with software on the disk. With Mint8RC I had to plug in network cable in order to update broadcom drivers. I seem to be missing trash bin. After updating and installing some software when I click on a program it shows up twice in the panel which is nerving. Overall seems to be very good. It did drop the gui for the login - password once and when I did log in (using the command startx) it didn't give me a restart or shutdown in the quit menu. This shutdown - startup problem has only happened once. I think this will be a very good OS and thank you very much for the hard work.
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Very impressed so far. Looks nice, runs swiftly on my old laptop. Big thanks.
Husse

Post by Husse »

As the stable is released now there is no need to post in this topic any more
mintyed

Post by mintyed »

historyb wrote:
rsadix wrote:historyb,

Yes, it will not go further than the login screen. It is waiting for an input

i a,m having same problem with teh full version of mint 8 atm this is m=ost irregular
Husse

Post by Husse »

Make a new support topic for your problem and if you still use the RC please upgrade to the stable
I will lock this topic

Return to “Releases & Announcements”