Attention: Clem! Creating Linux Mint LoCo Team

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
ayonkhan

Attention: Clem! Creating Linux Mint LoCo Team

Post by ayonkhan »

I want to create Linux Mint LoCo Team in Bangladesh. :D So what should I have to do now?
ayonkhan

Re: Attention: Clem! Creating Linux Mint LoCo Team

Post by ayonkhan »

I am really very much excited to create Linux Mint LoCo Team in Bangladesh but no one is taking it seriously. :( Please response me.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Actually, It's much simpler than that. We don't really know what's involved with setting up a LoCo, and Clem is away for a week or two.
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

Should I follow the Ubuntu one, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto? Or should I wait for Clem to reply?
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Thanks for the link. If I understand it right, LoCo's are just Ubuntu-speciic LUGs (http://lug.org.uk/) but for a whole country/state? If that's the case, then if I were doing it, I'd just setup a LUG, as it has broader appeal, which makes the meetings more interesting, and is easier to organise since it can just be for your local area. However if you want to set up a LoCo, then you're probably ok to just go ahead and use the Ubuntu guide, but I'd be careful about any branding you use until Clem comes back (e.g. it's ok to put "Linux Mint" on a CD, provided that you haven't customised it at all)
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

emorrp1 wrote:Thanks for the link. If I understand it right, LoCo's are just Ubuntu-speciic LUGs (http://lug.org.uk/) but for a whole country/state? If that's the case, then if I were doing it, I'd just setup a LUG, as it has broader appeal, which makes the meetings more interesting, and is easier to organise since it can just be for your local area. However if you want to set up a LoCo, then you're probably ok to just go ahead and use the Ubuntu guide, but I'd be careful about any branding you use until Clem comes back (e.g. it's ok to put "Linux Mint" on a CD, provided that you haven't customised it at all)
Hey, thanks for your reply. I've waited for Clem to see this post since you said he was away for a week or two. But yet, no response from him. :(

Well, just to let him know that there are already two authorized LoCo Team in Bangladesh and they are:
  1. Ubuntu Bangladesh
  2. Fedora Bangladesh
So, I want to make an officially authorized official LoCo team of Linux Mint in Bangladesh like those. Since you said to follow Ubuntu's guide it is not a problem for me but I want to do it officially. I want Linux Mint Bangladesh LoCo team to be enlisted on Linux Mint official website. Now what extra activities do I need?

Thanks
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

No reply! :(
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Sorry, I should have posted that's I have sent clem a message about it, but I'm sure you can appreciate that he is quite busy, hopefully he'll get in touch soon.
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

I've waited so long for Clem but today I'm bound to come for shelter for not responding. Now I hope you kindly keep out some times for this topics .

I mentioned before that I'm not willing to open a regional community team of Linux Mint & I would like to create a LoCo team which will be approved by the authority of Linux Mint. And such kind of data will be include in Linux Mint site. I'm very frustrated about a matter that Linux Mint is a community base project. But I think the authority of Linux Mint aren't interested to make or improve of its community. Whatever, recently I mentioned about the LoCo team of Ubuntu & Fedora in our country (Bangladesh). I've made a team contains some members & working with them. But something troubles are faced to publish for not official approval of this team. Recently we've completed some major types of work but can't forward for not the official approval of Linux Mint.

Our team
In our team, much of skilled Linux geek, graphics designer, documentation team & web experts. As a result, this community of ours can bring forward Linux Mint for several step in Bangladesh. In spite of having the official community team of Ubuntu & Fedora at present in Bangladesh, I think we will have no problems to cross them.

Logo
The Linux Mint logo has been a little bit of modified by the graphics designers of our team so that it can maintain the mood of our country. That means with this logo, the community team of our country can be understood easily.

Website
We like to publish a website for the community of Linux Mint Bangladesh LoCo team & this site is also about to be completed. But our team can not complete the site properly for lack of enough information. Because the site has done for publishing about Linux Mint by Linux Mint Bangladesh LoCo team. But without getting approval all these data will be useless.

Forum
Projanmo Forum (http://forum.projanmo.com/) is the most popular in our country about technology & we contact with the authorities of the forum that they will support ourselves
to divide a part (sub-forum about Linux Mint) of their forum. We trust if we can use that part in our forum then most of Linux Mint users will be assisted. So most of all approval of Linux Mint's authority must be needed for these.

User guide
We build up a documentation team. And this team is able to translate into Bengali skilfully the official guide of Linux Mint. On the other hand, the user guide of the last stable release of Linux Mint are gotten in Portuguese like as English for downloading. Of course we have completed the translation into Bengali of this user guide. But trouble is that after completing the translation I'm anxious that could not the user guide be published at all anywhere or though how much respond of it will be gotten. Because we have only one reason and that is we've not any official approval.

We hope we are able to realize you about our aim. But for the lack of approval our works are about to slow to slowly. We think our community will not approve at all without the official approval of Linux Mint authority. For this reason we hope that we will got a serious reply this time from the authority of Linux Mint.

Thank you
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

ayonkhan wrote:I mentioned before that I'm not willing to open a regional community team of Linux Mint & I would like to create a LoCo team which will be approved by the authority of Linux Mint
We hope we are able to realize you about our aim. But for the lack of approval our works are about to slow to slowly. We think our community will not approve at all without the official approval of Linux Mint authority. For this reason we hope that we will got a serious reply this time from the authority of Linux Mint.
http://www.linuxmint.com/partners.php
I don't think Linux Mint has partners other than for distribution of the product(s)
http://www.linuxmint.com/contactus.php
http://www.linuxmint.com/getinvolved.php

We think our community will not approve at all without the official approval of Linux Mint authority.
If I had developed a Linux distribution and was interested in its promotion, and cared about its reception in the world, I don't think I could allow unfettered rights to distribute it anywhere; without being very careful in how that would or if it should be done.
  • And since Mint is free already, supported by sponsors (donors) and advertising, there really is no need to allow everyone to alter Linux Mint in their own way: simply to make it more available
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I just became aware of this thread. Answered via IRC.

Clem.
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

clem wrote:Answered via IRC.
Thank you. :D

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”