[Confirmed] Mint Upload 3.7.5 file path spaces

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pluraldave

[Confirmed] Mint Upload 3.7.5 file path spaces

Post by pluraldave »

Mint Upload 3.7.5 cannot handle space characters in the local file path of the file to be uploaded.

At some point a space in the path is converted to "%20" and because the actual path of "xxx yyy" is different to "xxx%20yyy" mintupload reports that the file does not exist.

This is on a clean install of LM8 64.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: Mint Upload 3.7.5 file path spaces

Post by emorrp1 »

confirmed for *all* published versions of mintUpload. The cliUpload in the community branch does not suffer from this issue, but it is also possible that it's the drag+drop process which adds the space encoding. Plus I still don't understand Clem's changes fully. Will see to it this is fixed for *my* next release (I doubt I can look at it until February)

Return to “Beginner Questions”