Feedback

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Hutch

Feedback

Post by Hutch »

I think if we, as a community take the chance to 'big up' Linuxmint all over the web, people will start to take notice. I have been leaving posts on bulletin boards and forums whenever I see the opportunity to raise the profile of Mint. For the latest one see here. http://blogs.iium.edu.my/jaiz/2009/12/0 ... mment-1925
Hutch

Re: Feedback

Post by Hutch »

Also left a reply here. http://blogs.computerworld.com/15269/tw ... ent-171581 I get a bit hacked off with journalists who think that Mint is just Ubuntu with multimedia addons.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Doesn't hurt, provided it is reasonable, as in not using Mint is the greatest, Fedora/Ubuntu sucks!!! type of statements
  • More of an explanation, as to why Mint works so well, or that it is a pleasant experience even if I previously used windows: XP, Vista or am considering windows 7, or just get it with a new computer, or find Apple OS-X too expensive..
But, I also think that the best way to leverage the Mint profile, is simply to keep the mint forum active, and in that it will still get noticed..
  • You will notice that when forums start to die, so do the associated distributions, whichever came first. It has happened often enough to be a pattern
NCHarleyHardtail

Post by NCHarleyHardtail »

I also posted there as well. I hope what I posted was ok.
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

DrHu wrote:Doesn't hurt, provided it is reasonable
But, I also think that the best way to leverage the Mint profile, is simply to keep the mint forum active, and in that it will still get noticed..
  • You will notice that when forums start to die, so do the associated distributions, whichever came first. It has happened often enough to be a pattern
I've to completely agree with DrHu, keeping a forum active and posting ideas, feedbacks, projects and whatever can promote and help Linux Mint is necessary. The more you leave a forum die and act careless towards it, the more people won't be interested in joining the community. I myself wouldn't join a community where no-one actually reacts on the forums which aren't updated and so on!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”