Feedback about community.linuxmint.com

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jdizzle

Re: Feedback about community.linuxmint.com

Post by jdizzle »

Looks nice. Signed up. Voted on some stuff. No problems.

My information next to my avatar was hanging outside of the box. :?

Can't wait to see the hardware support additions!

I like it! :mrgreen:
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

ikey wrote:The IRC client (mintChat) is now online and available for testing, expect many bugs
ikey, looks good, only problem I see is how it appears on the screen once you select Chatroom. There is a lot of white space to scroll past to get to your client at the bottom.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
szamot83

Post by szamot83 »

Second problem is, that chat window not following messages. I must scroll this by mouse roll.
curtis

Post by curtis »

What language is the site implemented in / what CMS is the site using?
curtis

Post by curtis »

I will attempt to create some icons / find some. Will reply later with results.
curtis

Post by curtis »

Here are some icons I made. Let me know if you would like to use them. These icons are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Ikey's chat window appears above the Community dropdown menu making it impossible to select the last 2 items.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
curtis

Post by curtis »

ikey wrote:I'll skin the whole thing luminous pink with
Bambi picture for the background :P
Yes, please!
kneekoo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kneekoo »

Hey, I got an idea. How about making a Mint download side panel? Take a look at the attached HTML file. It's just a rough sample, but it speaks for itself.

My point is we could use a smart side panel that could easily allow people to select the Mint version, edition type of download and finally the mirror, if the download type is the ISO. It's nothing fancy, but it shows enough information and it can be done quite simple - 99% of people use JavaScript, so this panel could be useful.

P.S. I have also posted this idea on the community site.
mint-download.zip
breaker

Post by breaker »

You can use GIMP to save as a jpeg. I made my 100x100 by cropping in GIMP a photo.

So, this will be another place aside from the wiki to organize information and ideas? Could work if the software is smooth enough...
Mike A

Post by Mike A »

Clem as has been your style (for the two yrs that I have been using Mint) sold idea and you are making it new and fresh for Mint. I am not sure which direction you are looking for this to go. and that may be the point to let the users run free with ideas! Thank you for the work that you and your team give the community.
Mike A in Tucson
Husse

Post by Husse »

How could I miss this topic
Right now the only thing I think needs fixing is some spam trap when you register similar to the one in the forum
Spam in the forum decreased by some 95% after that was introduced
Possibly also moderation - if it's not too much work I could do that
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Is it just me or does activity on the community site seemed to have stalled a little? There don't seem to be many new ideas being posted, discussed or voted on lately.

raywoods

Post by raywoods »

I've just tried to save details of my Hardware onto the Community site but got a 404 error for my pains after putting in details of my old Epson Stylus Colour 760. I presume this is still work in progress?

Then I thought I had better report it and followed the "Report Bugs here" link only to find "community.linuxmint.com does not use Launchpad as its bug tracker. "

So, for better or worse, here I am!! (Confused from Barkingside.) :D
beefstu

Post by beefstu »

Strange, I was thinking today that a hardware information sharing site would be exactly what Mint needed and here it is! However i agree with raywoods, submitting a hardware report goes to 404 error. Mine was a printer too site directed to was http://community.linuxmint.com/index.php/hardware/save

Hopefully lots more people will start using the site once it is fully up and out of Alpha/Beta and gets a bit more publicity.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

Yes, it's still in ALPHA so the bug section isn't open yet... otherwise we'd crawl under bug reports :)

Also, we're developing right under your feet so expect things to break. The Hardware module for instance isn't completed. When something's done it appears in the changelog on the left. When it does then you can feel free to use it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Clem.
raywoods

Post by raywoods »

No problem Clem. That's what we're here for; (to knock seven bells out of your system and see if it still standing!!!) :D
SeanBest

Post by SeanBest »

Is the Chat Room working on the community site? I keep getting errors saying it can't find the class file and doesn't ever load.

Tried in multiple browsers on a few different OSes.
MartonMint

Suggestions about community.linuxmint.com

Post by MartonMint »

Remove "Report bugs here" from the sidepanel until it really means something (currently takes you to lauchpad to tell you that lauchpad doesn't know how to report bugs to community.linuxmint.com)
speedyx

Post by speedyx »

@ clem
Thanks for your great work!
Linux Mint team is one of the more open team I ever meet behind a linux distribution.
Here is a comfortable place where to be. :D

I think will help a link like in the forum "View new ideas".

Return to “Programming & Development”