Just a few questions to mint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Fintan wrote:You see?? still no answers. Why????
Maybe it would help if you kept your messages short + precise + to the point? Cut out the irrelevant "bla bla bla" and stick to what's important? :twisted:

I have a "two second" rule: If after two seconds I don't get what a message is about I ignore it :D ..... ALWAYS .... Also on my job and in private life.

It helps to educate people to write less BS and be more precise if they really really want something from someone :lol:

If I don't respond to a message then it most likely violated my 2-second rule :D
Fintan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fintan »

Thank you hussy. That is basicly what I wanted to know. So we can cross this one off and get on with it :D

@scorp: This was my original question:
Second, how do I use mintinstall (great idea Laughing )? I searche for it and found this:
http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... all&t=3038

My /user/bin/mintinstall file looks exactly as suggested above:
#!/bin/bash
gksu /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintInstall/mintInstall.py $1 $USER $HOME

But when I follow the instructions when trying to install nothing happens.
I have already gone into my naivity concerning the desktop versions resp. lack thereof of cassandra, so yes I was not specific enough. But we have been there, done that. :) Sorry.

I commend you and your philosophy, sure makes life easy :wink:

CHeers to all
F
Husse

Post by Husse »

OK - you're off the hook :):):)
I'm partly to blame - but you must realize that people like me and scorp123 can't know all our posts by hart.
Just look at the number of posts next to our nicks....
Fintan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fintan »

Thankx and I understand. I have half as much on the kubuntu forum. 10% was to try and find solutions and the rest are trying to help others. so I know what it is like getting questions that are not specific. Again sorry and if I can help on kde issues I will do so gladly :D

With that in mind will there be a kde release of cassandra?? I can't seem to find a consesus on that subject

Cheers
F
Husse

Post by Husse »

I think Clem has decided to make one - based on the present and updated, but I have not followed that closely..
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Husse wrote:Just look at the number of posts next to our nicks....
Damned ... I'm only 200 postings ahead of you? :?

Quick ... I gotta post tons of BS before Husse beats me ... :shock:

:lol: Just kidding :lol:
Husse

Post by Husse »

Damned ... I'm only 200 postings ahead of you :)
yepp - I'm quite happy with this forum thing - so whenever I've got some time left over I answer a few questions...
And I've gotta post tons of BS to beat you scorp :)
Just kidding :lol:
Fintan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fintan »

think Clem has decided to make one
That would be seriously cool :D

Hey scorp, since we are almost neighbors (at least living in the same country) why not get together for a cuppa or two?
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

scorp123 wrote:I have a "two second" rule: If after two seconds I don't get what a message is about I ignore it :D

If I don't respond to a message then it most likely violated my 2-second rule :D
I have a similar rule/habit, though it's more then 2-seconds...more like 5...and after reading your post, I now realize if I don't get a response from my question it has vilotate someone elses 5-second rule :lol:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Fintan wrote: Hey scorp, since we are almost neighbors (at least living in the same country) why not get together for a cuppa or two?
Depends on where you live? :wink:

Besides I'm really busy now ... New job and all that. This week I'm at SUN Microsystems in Hegnau/Volketswil ZH enjoying my Solaris 10 training ... and next week I have to rush to one of our most important customers and make sure that their project comes to a happy end. My new boss explicitly told me: "Kill someone if you need to, just keep this project going!"

And the time between and especially after work is exclusively dedicated to and reserved for my baby-daughter :D
Fintan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fintan »

No rush and good luck, hopefully without smoking anyone :)

Return to “Other topics”