Love this distro...

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wendyalison
Level 1
Level 1

Love this distro...

Post by wendyalison »

Just want to say that I absolutely love what you/you guys are doing. I wouldn't use Kubuntu if I didn't prefer it's blue desktop. I know i can tweak GNOME to change the way it looks but the orange Ubuntu logo at the left hand corner doesn't seem like it wants to go away nor does the chocolate-orange start screen, but you guys have done it for me! Great stuff!

I also like that I do not have to go install easyubuntu or automatix right off the bat after a fresh Ubuntu install. But I still dislike or don't understand why they won't add WPA wireless access functionality from the start. My office uses WPA and it's stupid thinking users can sudo apt-get this and download the wpa supplicant if there's no other way I can go online? I hope that you guys could add that, I think a lot of wireless network users have been calling for it and I'm sure Linux Mint will be a great success if this is incorporated into the distro out-of-the-box
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Wendy,

Can you describe in detail the steps you would go through to install the WPA yourself on an Ubuntu box ?

Return to “Non-technical Questions”