hissing in cheese webcam audio

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
angelbeast
Level 3
Level 3

hissing in cheese webcam audio

Post by angelbeast »

I've just gotten a new laptop. a dell inspiron 1545 with built in webcam and dual microphones. i seem to be having a little problem when recording videoin cheese...there is a horrible hissing in the audio. it's fine when ii'm recording just sound with the sound recorder it sounds just fine...it's just in cheese...is there any way to correct this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 19 “Tara” Cinnamon
Razer Blade Pro 17in full HD
Husse

Re: hissing in cheese webcam audio

Post by Husse »

This may be of interest and I think there is another topic about hissing sound recently in the forum that is solved, but I don't find it - it was fixed with the microphone lever in alsamixer I think (remembered that when I saw alsamixer below)
Gneral solutions for sound

This topic contains links to all (?) the really good solutions for sound in Mint
If you have Intel HDA sound take a look here first
If you want more help please include lspci and which Mint you use
And don't forget to go through all your settings
Right click the speaker next to the clock and check settings as well as any other settings you may find and also open a terminal and start alsamixer from it

Return to “Software & Applications”