wake up Cassandra

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Would you please repeat your post in english
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

OK. start in rescue mode so you see what's going on.
Then tell us where it stops. It should stop at a TTY root@your_computer_name
If it does leave it with the command "exit"
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ok this means that x does not start
Boot into rescue mode and at the TTY prompt run this command

dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

You may also have to reinstall your video driver (envy is there to help you with that)
not loading blacklisted module ipv6
That's supposed to happen
Husse

Post by Husse »

Do this:

dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
If that does not help
envy
I get the impression that your native language is german, and if so you could post in the german language subforum and I will help you there instead (or in a nordic language subforum if that's better :))
Husse

Post by Husse »

No - I don't understand dutch that well :)
It may be may error - try envy -t
I did not anticipate the need for that switch in a TTY but it is perhaps necessary
Husse

Post by Husse »

Envy should automatically select the right driver for your card which is a new card. If you can't get it to install you may have to go to nvidia's home page.
You still can't get to the desktop?
If so we have to apply the appropriate section of the how to for the live cd
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... ur_Live_CD
Try the following (if you succeeded to bot in rescue mode)
nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf Note: there has to be a space between chroot and /root and also spaces between /root and nano as well as between nano and /etc. Please note that the X in X11 must be a major X

This will let you edit your graphics configuration file. Using the arrow keys scroll down to the heading called "Device". Under this it should have "Driver" to the left and beside it the driver in inverted commas, like so: Section "Device"

Identifier "NVIDIA Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT]"
Driver "nv"

EndSection

It's the same for ATI as for nVidia, only when it is an ATI card the Driver is (probably) "ati". For some reason these drivers are always loaded and never work for a lot of cards. Change whatever is identified as driver to "vesa" (only one set of quotes) Once you've done this press Ctrl+x then y then enter to exit the text editor

This will bring you back to the command line, simply type:

exit
Husse

Post by Husse »

Save ti wherever you want - a new folder on the desktop?
But
pkg1.run
This is not a deb package and you have to learn about installing this kind of file...
I would recommend envy (from the menu in Cassandra)
Husse

Post by Husse »

The driver may be correct - envy can run a .run :) automatically. If you want do it manually it involves some learning
Enjoy Cassandra!

Return to “Installation & Boot”