I want to uninstall linux mint!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ace w1zard

I want to uninstall linux mint!

Post by ace w1zard »

WORDS CAN NOT EXPLAIN MY HATE FOR THIS OS! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT I CAN ACTUAL HATE A OS SO MUCH!!!, plz tell me how i can uninstall this os!!! plzzzz
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Re: I want to uninstall linux mint!

Post by tinca »

ace wizard,

I wonder what sort of Christmas you had, and what your new years resolution is?

Best regards Keith
Hammerlee

Post by Hammerlee »

I LOVE LINUX MINT!! I REALLY REALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!! I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD ACTUAL LOVE AN OS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

ace w1zard wrote:WORDS CAN NOT EXPLAIN MY HATE FOR THIS OS! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT I CAN ACTUAL HATE A OS SO MUCH!!!, plz tell me how i can uninstall this os!!! plzzzz
If you're running Vista or Windows 7, boot to the Windows disk and run 'Startup repair'.

If you're running XP, boot to the Windows CD and run 'fixmbr'.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/483/xp_r ... y_console/

Once Grub is replaced with the Windows bootloader you can use Windows' partition tools to delete the Linux partitions.
ace w1zard

Post by ace w1zard »

wht happens if i just delete the mint partion all together????
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

You will lose the ability to boot into Windows or Mint since you'll also be deleting the Grub files.

It's best IMO to get the Windows bootloader straightened out first.
ace w1zard

Post by ace w1zard »

wht happens if i delete the partion the mint is on and then set up a new ubuntu one??? also how can i succesfully uninstall mint with out the windows live CD
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Yes, you can 'uninstall' Mint by deleting the partition. You don't need the LiveCD to do that ... use gParted.

Then install Ubuntu into the 'free space' made by Mint.

A Question: Since Mint-8 is based on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic. And Mint is considered to be a super-Ubuntu. Why do you want to move 'backwards' to Ubuntu ?

The 'bugs' that plague Mint are from Ubuntu ... and some have already been fixed by the Mint team. Why go back?

:mrgreen: just asking, out of curiousity :mrgreen:
Fred

Post by Fred »

ace w1zard wrote:
wht happens if i delete the partion the mint is on and then set up a new ubuntu one???
There is no need to delete the Mint partition if you are going to install Ubuntu over it. Ubuntu will overwrite the Mint partition on install. I might add however, if you "hate" Mint, it will probably only get worse with Ubuntu.
how can i succesfully uninstall mint with out the windows live CD
I hate to be the one to break the news to you but there is no such thing as a "Windows live CD." You can download and burn SuperGrub live CD iso and repair your Windows MBR however. Google "SuperGrub live CD" for the url.

Fred
ace w1zard

Post by ace w1zard »

vrkalak wrote:Yes, you can 'uninstall' Mint by deleting the partition. You don't need the LiveCD to do that ... use gParted.

Then install Ubuntu into the 'free space' made by Mint.

A Question: Since Mint-8 is based on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic. And Mint is considered to be a super-Ubuntu. Why do you want to move 'backwards' to Ubuntu ?

The 'bugs' that plague Mint are from Ubuntu ... and some have already been fixed by the Mint team. Why go back?

:mrgreen: just asking, out of curiousity :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: b.c mint 8 is a gay os, and does not even boot on my laptop, i tried for 5 days to fix it in every way but it just acted gay, i am not the only one to have the bug :mrgreen:
ace w1zard

Post by ace w1zard »

also how can i install mint over it, b.c when i click the installer i dont get the option to write over the partion that mint is currently over :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fred

Post by Fred »

ace w1zard,

We like to think Mint is a gay and happy OS. One that makes others happy too. :-)

Choose "manual" when you get to the partitioning part of the install and assign Ubuntu or Mint or whatever to the partition or partitions you wish it to occupy.

Fred
ace w1zard

Post by ace w1zard »

kk ty fred
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

If you didn't like Mint you're really not going to like Ubuntu.

Return to “Installation & Boot”