Mint to the rescue!

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richie43

Mint to the rescue!

Post by richie43 »

I am currently posting this while on Vista (booo!). But this is indeed a Mint success. I have been testing (dual-booting) many Linux distros lately, knowing in the back of my mind that Mint is awesome because I had it installed for over 4 months. I have a wife who is not quite ready for a Windows free comp, so alas, Vista remains. In my search for the perfect linux (for a while at least) I broke Vista. No boot, no Vista. The files were there, I could see them from linux. The Vista rescue CD couldn't restore the MBR. In a brilliant flash, I reinstalled Mint in the partition I have been using and shazam, it once again boots both with ease. You know how it is... sometimes you don't know a good thing until you don't have it. In all of my testing, for my needs, Mint is by far the superior distro for ease, stability, efficiency, and friendliness. The Mint community is huge and VERY helpful. I think that I am done testing other distros for a while and get back to getting things done...

Rich
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Topless Granny

Re: Mint to the rescue!

Post by Topless Granny »

Glad you love Mint as much as I love it too :B

Return to “Chat about Linux”