LINUX MINT 8 HELENA MAIN EDITION - PROBLEM -

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nuvola

LINUX MINT 8 HELENA MAIN EDITION - PROBLEM -

Post by nuvola »

:roll: Using Linux Mint for a long time, and with satisfaction I installed the version 7fedora, with good results except to use a fairly common error when using more than four applications simultaneously on the desktop crashes and an error when the menu is wide open does not more access to management software packages and run the rest is ok ....... With version 8Helena improvements at any price except the correction of some problems, such access is not always the fault of the management system and in addition the lack of disabling tuchpad, the sudden disappearance of the DVD player, and several errors concerning software Use type skype, and OpenOffice in Fedora has never given problems. Vista version 8 to be improved further credit immature can switch 7 that, except some minor problems is more reliable ..... thanks and I hope it was helpful to the developers of this platform to me many tokens and propaganda. Thanks and good work. :roll: :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: LINUX MINT 8 HELENA MAIN EDITION - PROBLEM -

Post by MaddogF16 »

:?:
Green_Mint

Post by Green_Mint »

are we on candid camera, or something?
jlr1701

Post by jlr1701 »

I can see your Crack problem!
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

WHAAAAAAAT?
zts

Post by zts »

nuvola wrote::roll: Using Linux Mint for a long time, and with satisfaction I installed the version 7fedora, with good results except to use a fairly common error when using more than four applications simultaneously on the desktop crashes and an error when the menu is wide open does not more access to management software packages and run the rest is ok ....... With version 8Helena improvements at any price except the correction of some problems, such access is not always the fault of the management system and in addition the lack of disabling tuchpad, the sudden disappearance of the DVD player, and several errors concerning software Use type skype, and OpenOffice in Fedora has never given problems. Vista version 8 to be improved further credit immature can switch 7 that, except some minor problems is more reliable ..... thanks and I hope it was helpful to the developers of this platform to me many tokens and propaganda. Thanks and good work. :roll: :roll:
I think you need to stay with Mint 7 or Ubuntu 9.04. I'm guessing that you have an AMD system. Unfortunately, the AMD based systems don't work very well under the latest versions of either Mint or Ubuntu. Stay with Mint 7 and wait till Mint 9 comes out. However, it's worth looking into what is not working on your computer if it's an Intel-based system. Also check software updates, these forums and Ubuntu forums to see if there were any fixes.
kelvinjona

Post by kelvinjona »

zts wrote:
nuvola wrote::roll: Using Linux Mint for a long time, and with satisfaction I installed the version 7fedora, with good results except to use a fairly common error when using more than four applications simultaneously on the desktop crashes and an error when the menu is wide open does not more access to management software packages and run the rest is ok ....... With version 8Helena improvements at any price except the correction of some problems, such access is not always the fault of the management system and in addition the lack of disabling tuchpad, the sudden disappearance of the DVD player, and several errors concerning software Use type skype, and OpenOffice in Fedora has never given problems. Vista version 8 to be improved further credit immature can switch 7 that, except some minor problems is more reliable ..... thanks and I hope it was helpful to the developers of this platform to me many tokens and propaganda. Thanks and good work. :roll: :roll:
I think you need to stay with Mint 7 or Ubuntu 9.04. I'm guessing that you have an AMD system. Unfortunately, the AMD based systems don't work very well under the latest versions of either Mint or Ubuntu. Stay with Mint 7 and wait till Mint 9 comes out. However, it's worth looking into what is not working on your computer if it's an Intel-based system. Also check software updates, these forums and Ubuntu forums to see if there were any fixes.
Hi....ZTS.mint 8 is a good remake or edit of Ubuntu. I find Ubuntu already complete and easier to modify things as i like except for login window which was replaced with login screen. I did not like that. But in all, mint is as good as ubuntu.

Return to “Programming & Development”