no sound through speaker on hp compaq laptop =(

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Norgeek

no sound through speaker on hp compaq laptop =(

Post by Norgeek »

Hello as you can see its my first time here i bought a hp compaq cq71-235so three weeks ago and I thought i wanted to have linux on it only to find that it has no sound on the speakers . I hope you guys can help me. Or I have to stay on windows 7 i have installed mint 8 but there is no sound through the speaker only with headphones on i hear when im playing things

I have asked the at the fedora forum too (same problem) but they gave me no response =(
Thank you for your time i hope i can fix this problem and finaly enjoy nix with sound =D
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prod ... oc:0&cc=us
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rich_roast

Re: no sound through speaker on hp compaq laptop =(

Post by rich_roast »

There are a lot of individual requests for help in cases of complete failure of sound to work especially on laptops, usually with very little information given on hardware, what's already been attempted to resolve the problem, and so on.

This being the case the could the OP confirm having read and followed these rules and this post on sound on laptops, please?

(That said, welcome :) and since you have sound on your headphones but not through the speakers at a guess it might be a muted volume control slider? It's hard to say for sure; are those usb headphones or do they connect on a traditional jack?)
Norgeek

Re: no sound through speaker on hp compaq laptop =(

Post by Norgeek »

hello =) its a traditional jack infront of my laptop so no usb sound slider

Return to “Hardware Support”