anyone else having trouble with Scanner Utility / flegita?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psimon

anyone else having trouble with Scanner Utility / flegita?

Post by psimon »

in mint 7, it detected two scanners, crashed after one scan, didn't persist settings, and had a ridiculous number of resolutions available ( which had to selected from each time ), but could be used.

but now in mint 8 its unusable;

it does now only show the one scanner and has more/better options, but now only has 'png' as output,( which may be the cause of it being much slower) scanner preview selected regions are misplaced, and crashes every time as a gimp plugin. ( plus as before; crashes after one scan, and doesn't persist settings)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: anyone else having trouble with Scanner Utility / flegita?

Post by Brian49 »

I tried using Flegita to scan in a colour photo with my Canon N670U. The scan seemed to go through successfully, but the result was of very poor quality. I used to get excellent results in Windows running Canoscan Toolbox. I saw in another forum thread that Sane is recommended in preference to Flegita, but I haven't tried it yet.
psimon

Post by psimon »

thanks, xsane works perfectly.
albert

Post by albert »

xsane gives me a Child process error: Failed to execute OCR command: gocr: No such file or directory when I try to OCR a scanned doc

Return to “Software & Applications”