Large icon application picker?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anik

Large icon application picker?

Post by anik »

I'm trying to use Linux Mint in a HTPC application, and was wondering if anyone knows of software that could be enabled to come up at boot and show a small number of fairly large icons associated with specific programs (such as boxee, xbmc, hulu desktop, and maybe Firefox or some other program). The user would then use the tab or arrow keys (or, ideally, an IR remote) to select the desired icon, then press Enter (or OK, etc. on a remote) to run that program. This seems like it should be a fairly trivial piece of software as programs go (although, since I'm not a programmer, I might be wrong about that) but so far I haven't seen anything that comes close to that description. Any pointers as to where I might find such a program, if it exists? Or is there another solution I should consider? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: Large icon application picker?

Post by gn2 »

Sounds as if you might like MythTV or MythBuntu.

Return to “Software & Applications”