[Solved] After World of Goo Demo, resolution large.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
breaker

[Solved] After World of Goo Demo, resolution large.

Post by breaker »

Recently I downloaded (from 2D Boy) the Linux deb package for the World of Goo Demo. Also, my child played an old Windows 98 game under Wine. In both cases, after exiting the games, the screen resolution stayed large. In the case of World of Goo, I couldn't get to the menu button (out of Desktop area) to get to Display settings to change it back to default, but logging out and back it worked (ALT+F4).

I'm not sure if this is fixable...(having it automatically revert once a program quits).

Yes, I googed, and searched the forums. :?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: After World of Goo Demo, resolution large.

Post by Husse »

Can be hard to fix - it's the game that does not play nice
Not that it helps but this is a very common problem on Windows as well
You could restart X - Ctrl+Alt+Backspace works in Mint unlike recent Ubuntu
breaker

Post by breaker »

Seems like I did try ctrl+alt+backspace, but I wil try again to be sure. Somehow I couldn't right-click the desktop to get to the display settings either.

Yes, you are correct, some games in Windows do that too. :wink:
Husse

Post by Husse »

Somehow I couldn't right-click the desktop to get to the display settings either.
That's Windows - does not work in Linux > Open the menu > type dis > open Display
breaker

Post by breaker »

That's right... I was thinking of XFCE Desktop settings I guess... not the same thing. :oops:
breaker

Re: [Solved] After World of Goo Demo, resolution large.

Post by breaker »

I don't know what I did, but it is not having that issue today. However, I added a keyboard shortcut for the display settings just in case. Thanks! :D

Return to “Xfce”