Free Signatures for Linux Mint Forum users

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aevum

Free Signatures for Linux Mint Forum users

Post by Aevum »

I was unsure where to post this so I'm sorry if there was a better place where to do this. I just wanted to offer some of my time:
If someone does want a signature to use in this forum I'll be making those for free, just reply to this topic filling the following information form:

Render - (Which picture to use - You can find a lot of them on http://www.planetrenders.net)
Font - (Look up on http://www.dafont.com)
Background - How do you want your background to look like
Other tips - If you want to give more ideas for your signature to be created.

I hope you will find this useful.
Yours, Max.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vrkalak

Re: Free Signatures for Linux Mint Forum users

Post by vrkalak »

Nice!! Good idea ... hopefully people will take advantage of this.

Not saying, it's 'the law' because, I don't know that there are Rules for such, but most official (or un-official) Forum Signature Banners are 20 x 350 pixels.
Such as the one I have in my signature ... so as not to take up so much empty space in the forum.

I know there are others that use a different size and I suppose that is OK ... but some Forums limit these things.

Do you have other designs? I think there are a couple links to Forum threads about Signature Banners in the Mint Artwork Section?
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

Oops, stupid me. I've not checked for the size of my signature, if it's not OK I'll be resizing it as soon as possible. but anyway, even if they've to be that little size I still can make them, putting something written on 'em, the choice is yours :) Yeah, I'm doing this 'cause I like it so, as you said I hope someone will take advantage of this!

Cheers.

Update - Already changed the size of my signature
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

This is a nice offer, but I'm learning GIMP as I go along and what I'd appreciate more is feedback on my work and perhaps tips or actual retouching; would that be cool too? Cheers!
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

rich_roast wrote:This is a nice offer, but I'm learning GIMP as I go along and what I'd appreciate more is feedback on my work and perhaps tips or actual retouching; would that be cool too? Cheers!
That's a nice idea indeed, you can post all your works in this topic and you'll receive feedback, also you'll be able to check other works, rate and compare!
Cheers!
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Well, first go at this. It's a restricting format to work in, and I was a bit stuck for ideas; this was all I could think of to go with my id here. Also I wonder if the colours aren't a little dark, but then I'm on an oldish laptop monitor so it's hard to tell.
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

I like the idea and in my opinion the colors are kind of ok, I don't like the font you used but that's just a matter of taste after all!
It's a good work, I made yesterday the "Darkside of the moon" one, I actually took a random font of the one I had, but I liked it so.. here it is :P
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Aevum wrote:I like the idea and in my opinion the colors are kind of ok, I don't like the font you used but that's just a matter of taste after all!
It's a good work, I made yesterday the "Darkside of the moon" one, I actually took a random font of the one I had, but I liked it so.. here it is :P
Thanks for the feedback. The font's droid, which I gather is quite popular and which I used because in addition to being somewhat colour blind (seriously, mild deuteranomaly) I'm completely font blind, perhaps due to a training in reading and identifying medieval hands which makes differences in electronic fonts somewhat indistinguishable to me. I like the one you chose for Darkside if only because it's distinctive and fits with the subject; what I especially like, of course, is the rainbow and prism effects which I find quite striking and instantly recognizable. Fans of the album will appreciate it, definitely, very nice.
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

Thanks really much mate! I really do appreciate it! ^^
COKEDUDE

Post by COKEDUDE »

Is there a way that you can make a signature that includes Linux Mint, Coke, and the Atlanta Braves :) ?
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Cokedude: There might be a trademark issue there.....not an expert but care needs to be practiced so there are no Lawsuits
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Return to “Your Artwork”