Firefox issue in Mint 7 Gloria

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yogurt

Firefox issue in Mint 7 Gloria

Post by yogurt »

Hi all,

I have a problem with viewing my chats in Firefox. When the chat window first comes up the fonts are all OK. but as the chats scroll up some are in a font that is hard to read. If I change chat rooms, again the fonts are all right when the window first opens but as chats come by the fonts on some are changed. I've upgraded to Firefox 3.0.16, but I've forgotten how to get to the newest versions to thy them. I know Firefox is now at 3.54 for Linux I think. But I'm not sure if that will fix my problem.

Thanks

Randy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Firefox issue in Mint 7 Gloria

Post by remoulder »

Are you talking about a firefox plugin? If so this hardly seems like either a FF or mint problem.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Both Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.5 are listed in the MInt repros. Just search through Synaptic Manager and install either or both.
Firefox 3.5 will be listed as Shiretoko Web browser in the Mint Menu.

Firefox 3.5.6 is the official current release of Firefox at the moment.
But several people, I know, are testing the even newer, still in development, versions of Firefox.
Firefox 3.6 is in Beta 4 and I am testing Firefox 3.7 is at a pre-Alpha 1 ... very very fast and, so far, quite stable for me.
yogurt

Post by yogurt »

Hi all,

Thanks for your help, I will try them. I did find a temporary fix. If I act like I'm going to send an IM message or just post on the chat and go and change the font I want to send out it also changes the font I'm viewing to the same. Weird

This didn't happen under Mint 4 KDE, just since I loaded Mint 7 KDE on my hard drive. I have not tried Konqueror or Opera, or some other web browser yet, but that is one of the things I will try.

Thanks

yogurt

Return to “Software & Applications”