3 mobile text function

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
the jatsman

3 mobile text function

Post by the jatsman »

I use 3 mobile and now that I am running Linux Mint I don't need to use the proprietary software to connect to the internet as this is automated for me by Linux's network manager, however this means I can't use my free texts allowance from 3 unless I switch back to my Windows partition, so, has anyone been able to install this on Linux? and how?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: 3 mobile text function

Post by viking777 »

the jatsman wrote:I use 3 mobile and now that I am running Linux Mint I don't need to use the proprietary software to connect to the internet as this is automated for me by Linux's network manager, however this means I can't use my free texts allowance from 3 unless I switch back to my Windows partition, so, has anyone been able to install this on Linux? and how?

Thanks.
Your only way (I think) would be Wine or Virtualbox. (and in my experience wine never works with anything useful, so that doesn't leave you much choice!)
the jatsman

Re: 3 mobile text function

Post by the jatsman »

Wine, of course, I have used it for a couple of things, I will try that and if no good I will try this Virtual Box, thanks for replying Viking, it's no biggee obviously, just annoying, so cheers.

Return to “Software & Applications”