Compiz Fusion on Mint

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I am running Compiz Fusion and it is running great! There was another update this morning, memory use is better!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

Guys,

Before I go Fusion, I'm not going to do a fresh install of Mint to go this route. I'd build Beryl from SVN, with an ATI card with an older PC, have Cassandra going, and posted numerous YouTube Beryl videos. That is running an ATI / new Notebook with an NVidia card.

Hey, I can bent and twist everything. What makes Fusion better than Beryl?

Let me know.

BTW, those videos are great, but I'd like to know how those vids where tagged to speed them up. LOL!

My YouTube Vids seem so slow. Again, LOL!

Adler
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

BTW, those videos are great, but I'd like to know how those vids where tagged to speed them up. LOL!
Funny, there was a News story today on CNN how the serevers in the US are so slow that we (I have always thought) have lost the tech advantage that we thought we had. I always shot for German servers when going for the newest SuSE versions.

The better work done with Hardware, Software, and Operating Systems has been better done ex-USA.

Now, can I change my present Beryl set-up to Fusion with out having to do a fresh install?

Adler
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

speaker219 ,

What can I do with Fusion that I haven't done alreadty with Beryl, and Mint?

I had to rush this YouTube Vid together to prove my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZLK9-TlU8Q

Adler
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

Hi Guys,

As far as I can tell Beryl on Mint is stable, but those new plug-ins make me want to upgrade. But, I'm not sure that I can pull it off, if you know what I mean.

Adler
Phoenix, Arizona

Return to “Other topics”