Help Request - Burning .iso BackTrack on a bootable USB

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aevum

Help Request - Burning .iso BackTrack on a bootable USB

Post by Aevum »

Cheers guys! I've downloaded BackTrack 4 with the aim to try it out on my netbook, ok you all know that the "USB Startup Disk Creator" isn't available on Mint, but I downloaded it with Synaptic in 10 seconds. The thing is, I think that only works with an Ubuntu .iso burning as I try to select the Backtrack .iso file but it doesn't appear in the burning tool, so I can't burn it on the USB, and so happens on a friend's Ubuntu PC. But I so much wanna try it out.. any clue on how can i burn it on a USB in order to have it bootable for a netbook? and it has to be done on a Mint 8..
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Help Request - Burning .iso BackTrack on a bootable USB

Post by proxima_centauri »

Aevum

Post by Aevum »

It doesn't seem to work so smoothly. When I burn the Backtrack 4 image on the USB drive it burns until 86% then it doesn't go any further, if I instead use the option to download the distribution directlty from the software it just download and extract all in less than 2 seconds and after booting i just get a netbootin default option which just doesn't run... any fix or any other software you could suggest?
Thanks
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

I'll try :) Thanks for posting

Return to “Software & Applications”