need help badly

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jaket-spud

need help badly

Post by jaket-spud »

when i was going to switch on my computer and a screen came up saying codeEnd 0x42920 and i need help because i dont know what it means and i dont know what to do and if i cant fix it then i lose all my coursework plz help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: need help badly

Post by remoulder »

Is this a version of mint installed from Windows? Can you boot from your installation CD and at the menu boot from the local hard drive?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
jaket-spud

Post by jaket-spud »

mikeyb wrote:Is this a version of mint installed from Windows? Can you boot from your installation CD and at the menu boot from the local hard drive?
no because windows is broken and i dont have a the original cd for windows
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

I meant the installation cd for linuxMint. If not is there any way you download again and reburn one?

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
jaket-spud

Post by jaket-spud »

i can use my mates pc to download and burn it cos i dont got the cd for linux
rbanavara

Post by rbanavara »

This is not a solution to the issue, but to save your data. If you have installed linux separately on a hard disk partition, you can read the data from a live CD. If you can get any linux live CD, you can boot from that CD and mount the linux partition and save the data first.

This way you can be sure your data wont be lost when you attempt repair on your installation (when some one posts the resolution).
jaket-spud

Post by jaket-spud »

rbanavara wrote:This is not a solution to the issue, but to save your data. If you have installed linux separately on a hard disk partition, you can read the data from a live CD. If you can get any linux live CD, you can boot from that CD and mount the linux partition and save the data first.

This way you can be sure your data wont be lost when you attempt repair on your installation (when some one posts the resolution).
kool tahnks
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

jaket-spud wrote:when i was going to switch on my computer and a screen came up saying codeEnd 0x42920
So the computer was running when the error occurred!

Which application(s) were running when that event occurred, were you running some coursework such as an SQL server or other ?

And is that the exact error message (correct and complete syntax), what else is happening at that time ?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

DrHu, nearest I could find to OPs exact errorcode is a reference to GRUB4Dos and Wubi hence my question, http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.p ... 56064.html.

Return to “Beginner Questions”