Problem in paradise

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Badman27

Problem in paradise

Post by Badman27 »

First off, I love mint with the XFCE DE. I switched my laptop from Vista to Mint (gnome) and have been using it for about a year. I recently (2-3 months) got a hold of an older laptop and immediately set about finding a distro that was fast, stable, and light on the 512MB of RAM available to me. After trying Gentoo (It didn't get much of a chance, I couldn't even get X working for me, maybe another day), Puppy, and Vector Linux I realized that Mint had an XFCE edition, XFCE being one of the primary things I wanted to try, I went ahead and took the XFCE CE for a spin. I love it so much I plan on upgrading my newer laptop to Helena XFCE whenever it arrives. Nothing I've tried so far comes close to being as awesome as Mint.

Now for my problem, I'm trying to compile the Cairo-dock so I have a replacement for the gnome-docky (a panel with launchers and an autohide feature just isn't the same) and I'm running into a problem following the directions listed here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CairoDock .

I'm trying to use the compile option since the link for the .deb is down, but whenever I enter "autoreconf -isvf," the following is spit back at me : "autoreconf2.50: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required"

Any explanation on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fwc

Re: Problem in paradise

Post by fwc »

I could be wrong but I thought Avant was much better.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Another thought, have you installed build-essential from the Package Manager ?

richy
viking777

Post by viking777 »

How to Install Docky in Ubuntu 9.10
Published in December 20th, 2009
Posted by Tom in software

To get Docky, add the software source ppa:docky-core/ppa and install the package docky. To do this from a terminal, use the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:docky-core/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install docky
Badman27

Post by Badman27 »

Hey, thanks for the help! I ended up being able to compile it using the instructions in the link located in the OP, I was just trying to run one of the commands in the wrong order :lol:

Return to “Xfce”