Ubuntu one

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phgrie

Ubuntu one

Post by phgrie »

I've installed Ubuntu one from the package manager, but can't find it listed in my applications.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Ubuntu one

Post by viking777 »

The easy way around this is to install Dropbox instead, it does everything Ubuntu One does but it is a mature program not a beta and you will certainly find it in your applications if you decide to install it.

But if you must have Ubuntu One instead then you will have to accept its drawbacks one of which seems to be (I can't be sure because I don't use it) that it doesn't create a startup menu entry.

If you want to launch it you will have to go to the package manager right click the entry for Ubuntu One and select properties/installed files. Here you have to search through till you find the executable which might be called anything but will start with /bin or /usr/bin or /sbin or /usr/sbin. You will then have to type the entire address into a terminal to launch it. So you might end up with something like:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/ubuntuone
But this is just a guess - DO NOT COPY AND PASTE this command because it is probably wrong because I don't know what the executable file for ubuntu one is called.
phgrie

Post by phgrie »

I don't see Dropbox listed in the package manager for linux Mint.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

It isn't. But Firefox is and in Firefox you will find Google and in Google you will find:

https://www.dropbox.com/

Return to “Software & Applications”