USB devices not working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jwljr2

USB devices not working

Post by jwljr2 »

Ok i have a Compaq Presario sr1601nx 80 GB HD 2GB DDR ram and none of the usb port will detect anything being plugged into them. They do work i had windows 7 on it b4 I installed mint 8. when i run lsusb nothing comes back, when i run lspci it shows the usb controllers ANY input would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: USB devices not working

Post by MaddogF16 »

I'd personally redownload Mint 8,check the md5, and reburn a new copy. Never had this happen to me in particular in almost 6 years of running Linux systems. Another thought would be to run the livecd you installed from and see if lsusb returns anything while running the livecd.
jwljr2

Post by jwljr2 »

I put this copy on my laptop with no problem usb works fine there. When i run the Live CD the usb doesn't work either its got me... also just to let you know i also tried just re-installing mint to see if it was a bad install with no luck
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Will it power any device plugged into it (Should be some indicator on most USB devices)? Let's see if you're getting power and no communication to the port or if the ports are completely dead.
jwljr2

Post by jwljr2 »

There is power to the ports. I plugged my USB mouse in and the light comes on. That's how i knew the ports were not working in the first place i had to plug in a ps2 mouse with a ball in it lol yes i still have one.. Also the only reason I'm dead set on getting this to work is because if i can im done with windows mint is so much better..
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Maybe double check BIOS settings?
jwljr2

Post by jwljr2 »

tried that to turned legacy usb to on off and auto.. auto is the default. Didn't work i'm stuck with this one. Any other ideas
N3uRuN

Post by N3uRuN »

ok i got 2 problem 1. some of my usb port is not working (i got 3) i'm on a Toshiba satellite A70. And 2 of my port is not working?? some one help me! :P
2. (i should sayu this on an other forums but...) My computer is always unloging after i close a window of a system file or other stuff like multimedia reader...:S like when i'll close my mozilla firefox window my computer will unloging and i'll lose some of the stuf that i was working on...:( (sorry if my english doesn't sound good because i'm french...)
HELP ME!!! or try to

Return to “Hardware Support”