True color setting for graphic card

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

True color setting for graphic card

Post by poision »

Hi i just installed vericad a mechanical 2D and 3D cad application on my cassendra.Installation was successful but when i tried to open it it says vericad require true color setting so pls change setting.I checked everywhere in nvidia configuration setting and other x server config in control center but didnt find true color setting.Pls guide me how to change setting to true color.Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Hi poison, first off you triple posted. :? Chances are the admins will not reply to you. Ask once, in the proper place for help. Somebody will reply.

Since you have a nvidia card, use envy to install the proper drivers on your system. After it is installed use the nvidia control panel to set your resolution and color preference.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Don't triple-post !!! :evil:

We are no analphabets here, one posting is quite enough! A double-post could be an "accident", but triple ...? :roll:
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

hi 1st of all i m very very sorry carlos and scorp for trple post.i didnt post that purposely beleive me it was accident only..i was using gprs n my signal was dropping that time so i clicked again cos it showed me page not found screen pls dont be mad at me..hope u both ll not mind it now.

carlos i checked every nvidia setting there i found change color scheme to 16 million color,256 color and 32 million color i ve envy drivers only...so where to change now??? :?: sorry again for post thank you
Husse

Post by Husse »

You are forgiven - and I think scorp123 agrees. You use gprs - interesting. I could do that as a last resort, but I'd have to pay about half a euro for 15MB....
True color is the specification of the color of a pixel on a display screen using a 24-bit value, which allows the possibility of up to 16,777,216 possible colors.
You have to use the 32 bit resolution (millions of colors) which really is 24 bit, but let's not dig to deep
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Husse wrote: You use gprs - interesting. I could do that as a last resort, but I'd have to pay about half a euro for 15MB....
Yeap, GPRS or UMTS isn't exactly cheap (yet) ... Even in India I'd rather go for an Internet Cafe (the bigger cities have plenty of them) or WLAN hotspots somewhere somehow (all the many IT companies definitely have that plus it shouldn't be problematic to get WLAN access in the better hotels or in the various "business centers" ...).

Just a suggestion of course. :wink:

Your X11 configuration is in this file: /etc/X11/xorg.conf .... and inside of it there should be a line saying "Defaultdepth 24" <== so that would be 24-bit ..... "16" would be 16-bit (65536 colors), "8" would be 256 colors, and so on. Usually it should already be on 24-bit. I suggest you leave it like that.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

hi thats scorp i ll see xorg well when ya visited india?in india now gprs is cheap i think i m paying 14000 indian rupees for one yr unlimited subscription with data card..which is near abt 259 euro...i got one scrip from ubuntu forum for running gprs on ubuntu...thanks
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

Hi scorp thanks for help.Actually my default color setting was 16 i made it 24 now my vericad is working very well thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”