Issues with nvidia 8400 gs running on pci

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cunfuzzled

Issues with nvidia 8400 gs running on pci

Post by Cunfuzzled »

I should first say that I couldn't even install linux mint 8 with my 8400 as the default video card. Installation would simply freeze. I couldn't even get the live dvd to work. Ok, I installed the nvidia accelerated graphics driver version 185, tried booting after I set my nvidia card as the main graphics card in BIOS, and I get the linux mint symbol, but after a second it goes away and I get a black screen. It works just fine without drivers with my integrated 64mb video card, but I LOVE games. But windows is a pain. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cunfuzzled

Re: Issues with nvidia 8400 gs running on pci

Post by Cunfuzzled »

Haha, I just realized that there were sub forums specifically for video cards... mods can move this topic if needed :) (lol like you need my permission ^-^)
Cunfuzzled

Post by Cunfuzzled »

This is a repeat of the ubuntu forums... Windows it is! I would have more luck creating a hackintosh from scratch with no help compared to trying to get video card help for Linux or Ubuntu.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

too bad . :( . you didn't take the time to read the little pink box at the top " Forum rules . . before you post read this" . . you may have recieved some support from a member/volunteer . . :(

Return to “Hardware Support”