Ubuntu Software Center

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theevilone6620

Ubuntu Software Center

Post by theevilone6620 »

Does anyone know how we can install the ubuntu software center into Mint???

Also, another question I have is how do we launch the Gnome Registry type application??? I forget its name since I havent used it in so long, I remember I have it installed but cannot remember what I typed into the Run dialog box in order to launch it. If anyone knows what im talking about and can provide me the command that would be great. I forget the exact name of the app but its a program that is in some ways like the windows registry, you have to use it in order to turn overburning on for brasero and other tweaks can be done with it.

Also has anyone used Ubuntu Tweak with Mint and how does it work??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scott_R

Re: Ubuntu Software Center

Post by scott_R »

No idea about tweak, and I generally use Synaptic for programs, but the "registry" thing is gconf-editor.
ell02

Post by ell02 »

In synaptic look up software-center. Believe u will need gnome app install as well.It did not show up in the menu so started it from terminal then added it with Main menu as an application in terminal.Works fine now.
rburkartjo

Post by rburkartjo »

do this to install open spm type in software-center in search field and install

Return to “Beginner Questions”