Linux Mint 21.1 “Vera” Xfce released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 21.1 “Vera” Xfce released!

Post by clem »

karlen
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 21.1 “Vera” Xfce released!

Post by karlen »

Been a Mint XFCE user since 12. Just upped to 21.1 yesterday, and it is a real beauty. Gobsmacked. You guys have outdone yourselves, thanks so much.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

The good stuff will even be better--stay tuned
greatness in the making
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
vaa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vaa »

I'm glad to see the new release of Mint 21.1 Xfce. But... There are even more defects than in 21. Blueman can not see units with my bluetooth adapter exactly like in Mint 21. And new: There is no Icons on worktable. I can see icons on worktable using Thunar, but not directly.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, vaa.

In case you would like to get help resolving the mentioned issues, please, open a new thread.
Thanks.

Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
vaa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vaa »

Thanks! After system updating I can see icons on Desktop. This is solved.
Problem with bluetooth USB adapter is old and I made topic for Mint 21 and get proposition to change bluetooth adapter. I understand that the question is to another team. To Mint team the only question is why the blueberry package was removed from the repository. It worked well with my adapter in Mint 20.3.
vaa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vaa »

Thanks! After last system updating my "BLUETOOTH® ON-EAR HEADPHONES SBK 40 A1" work throu "ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)"!!!
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Moderator note: mingle's issue with the mouse pointer is now it's own topic LM 21.1 - not all mouse pointers change so others can help with the issue.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Moderator note: split off off-topic (in this announcement thread) report by APSchmidt. Post can be found over there now: issue with the upgrade info not showing up seems to have been fixed
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
I2k4
Level 5
Level 5

Post by I2k4 »

Just created persistent live USBs of Cinnamon and XFCE for a new Windows box, pending a decision about dual booting. (No plans to upgrade LM20.x XFCE on my laptop for a while.)

Just a note of congratulations for finally replacing the drab 1990s vintage mouse pointers that had been dragging down the various other GUI improvements of the last several versions - finding and installing new pointers had been an irritating nuisance step in the upgrades and a long-standing personal gripe. Looking forward to giving these a once-over and settling on one going forward.
TRUST BUT VERIFY any advice from anybody, including me. Mint/Ubuntu user since 10.04 LTS. LM20 64 bit XFCE (Dell 1520). Dual boot LM20 XFCE / Win7 (Lenovo desktop and Acer netbook). Testing LM21.1 Cinnamon and XFCE Live for new Lenovo desktop.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”