What on earth is Ubuntu Furry Remix?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
nitehawk

Re: What on earth is Ubuntu Furry Remix?

Post by nitehawk »

...sounds like one's kitty-cat running across the keyboard whilst logged on to Ubuntu,..... :lol:
Losgann

Post by Losgann »

remoulder wrote:Re: What on earth is Ubuntu Furry Remix?
Why don't you download it and report your findings back to us? :D :lol:

---

EDIT: Google brings up a couple of pages on Launchpad. Looks to be mostly artwork, themes, etc. One page says it's a "complete Ubuntu-based operating system, created for furries by furries" — presumably referring to this.

But I still think you should download, investigate, and let us know what you find. :D
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Crunnluath wrote:Why don't you download it and report your findings back to us?
I've seen the effects my sisters cats had on her computer by jumping around on the keyboard, I'm not about to let an animal loose inside mine :roll:

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

A US drama series(it may have been ER,or CSI,can't remember which) had an episode featuring "furries" - they were people who dressed up in animal suits,the plot never explained exactly why... :?
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

oscar799 wrote:A US drama series(it may have been ER,or CSI,can't remember which) had an episode featuring "furries" - they were people who dressed up in animal suits,the plot never explained exactly why... :?
Was the original CSI series.
It's a social role-playing convention where all the people dress up as animals, "furries".
Purpose? I don't know - probably the same reason as old-fashioned masked balls; you can express yourself in a fun or different way without your real-life identity.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

proxima_centauri,

Apart from one of the "furries" ending up messily dead(hence the confusion between ER and CSI) it seemed like harmless eccentricity.
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

Crunnluath wrote:
remoulder wrote:Re: What on earth is Ubuntu Furry Remix?
Why don't you download it and report your findings back to us? :D :lol:

---

EDIT: Google brings up a couple of pages on Launchpad. Looks to be mostly artwork, themes, etc. One page says it's a "complete Ubuntu-based operating system, created for furries by furries" — presumably referring to this.

But I still think you should download, investigate, and let us know what you find. :D
+1, now you really got me curious about it! XD
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

More info for anyone interested, with screenshots. Cat (big) lovers may like this :?: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Ubuntu_Furry_Remix

Return to “Chat about Linux”