Live User automatic log in. How do I change this?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nooby

Live User automatic log in. How do I change this?

Post by nooby »

The Live version of Mint do an automatic log in of Live user and that user has no right to save changes???

How do I edit the boot up so it doesn't do the automatic log in to "Live User"?

some kind of cheat code to put in before the USB boot up?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: Live User automatic log in. How do I change this?

Post by DataMan »

Why don't you just install it and gain control over your user(s)? The Live version is not intended to be used as a standing operating system but rather a try-then-install.

-DataMan
nooby

Re: Live User automatic log in. How do I change this?

Post by nooby »

That is a good advice on computers that you own and have recovery DVD for Vista on.

My Acer D250 is a OEM installation of Win7Starter os and they don't allow such installs.

They can accept "frugal install" of live CD. Puppy works well and Jolicloud using Wubi install works well.

but I want Linux Mint and not Ubuntu. Acer have no DVD only USB.

I also have a HP/Compaq that is also OEM win Vista but I have made recovery disks for that one. But it is brand new and I want my vista intact on it. As a newbie one don't want to mess up with the already installed things.

Puppy frugal install works very well. Have tested it on winXP since 2008. But now I want to have Mint on Vista.

Vista is different than XP.

Return to “Beginner Questions”