[Done] Default hotkeys...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alfonsosebaq

[Done] Default hotkeys...

Post by alfonsosebaq »

Hi! I use linux mint 8, I like it a lot :)

First hotkeys, I created my own and they work OK but there are "hidden" hotkeys that I don't know where they come from, i.e. SuperL+M.. this combination in winXP minimizes all windows.. similar to SuperL+D
If you press SuperL+M in mint8, it changes the screen colors, I think it "inverses" colors, white->black,etc...
Where is that hidden hotkey defined? My problem is , .. I want to use that combination for minimizing all windows like SuperL+D

Thanks and sorry for my english :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Default hotkeys...

Post by richyrich »

Menu -> Control Center -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Window Management -> "Hide all normal windows and set focus to the desktop" . . it is currently set to Ctrl-Alt + D, you just have to click it, and enter your new key combo . . :)

richy
alfonsosebaq

Post by alfonsosebaq »

Richy, I did that, but it it NOT possible to override SuperL+M, because it's a "hidden" hotkey..
My question, again, is where are that hidden hotkeys defined and how to delete them. Thanks!
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Sorry, can't help you,
as it works just fine for me, I clicked as above, typed the SuperL+M, and it worked right away.
Mint 8 Helena (Gnome)
alfonsosebaq

Re: [Done] Default hotkeys...

Post by alfonsosebaq »

Found solution!

The hidden hotkeys were mapped by COMPIZ, you have to check CompizConfig, there are a lot of settings there, including hotkeys... I had activated the "inverse" function, which is mapped to SuperL+M

Hopes it's useful for someone else :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”