Beryl defaults to "kwin" as wm under KDE upgr. cassandra

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Beryl defaults to "kwin" as wm under KDE upgr. cassandra

Post by NiksaVel »

Hey guys,

it's been awhile since I've visited the forums due to a bit of strain at work the last month... and it will also last for at least one more month...

I do have one question though...

I've upgraded my cassandra with the KDE packages and everything works great exept whenever I login I get the default window manager (kwin) under KDE even though beryl loads fine... I have to select "beryl" after every single login .. it works okay than.

Any idea how to solve this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

You have Cassandra + KDE package
Cassandra does not start Beryl by default (just in case your video card is not up to it) and this obviously valid for you
Now someone may say I'm wrong - I don't use Beryl.....
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I've set the beryl-manager to autostart and I see it in my tray... so it is started... it's just that it defaults to kwin... that's the strange part... :?
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

Partly disregard my previous post - not to content but I got it damned wrong due to sloppy langauge
I did not intend to say that you have a bad video card but that it's valid for you that Cassandra doesn't autostart Beryl :)
The way I put it I have to say oops, sorry :lol:
I can't think of anything else that that it has to do with KDE....

Return to “Other topics”