Linux Today

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Today

Post by Adler »

Hi All,

It seems that people are starting to compare XP to Linux Mint. As far as I can tell as a two day old user of Vi$ta I trashed M$ to go fully Mint.

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.ph ... 6-RV-DB-SW

Adler
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I wiped Vista off my new computer's hard drive after 10 minutes of use! How can anyone like Vista? My Wife's laptop has Vista on it, yesterday she updated her ata controller using Windows Update. The laptop could not start Windows after the upgrade! The only thing that saved her was a restore point had been created. My Wife had no clue on how to get her laptop going again. I tried the repair option, it would not work because files had been changed! I used the System Restore feature because I thought " what have I got to loose?"
I think my Wife will see the light after a few more episodes like that! My Wife plays a lot of games so she is reluctant to make the switch, she really likes Compiz Fusion though!
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

vista truly sucks, being as how i only keep windows around for a few games that dont work via wine, and vista failed to run those games at all, (2 of which were MADE by microsoft games!!) i decided it was about as useful as a hole in the head.
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Yes five friends with vista (4-had new machines that came pre-loaded with vista). Four deleted it after a very short time; the one that bought it out right is still fighting the find a driver war after months, and is about ready to give-up. There comes a point in time where your time costs you more than the money thrown in the trash for vista.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Four deleted it after a very short time
I did the same with Vista :lol:
Husse

Post by Husse »

This is the same as mentioned here
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3629
Third time on the forum in a few days
hairy_Palms
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairy_Palms »

i had an option for a "free" upgrade to vista that with my Pc that would only cost me £15.... but being a student i tried it already thru msdnaa and realised i definately didnt want it...
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

Third time on the forum in a few days
Husse,

Sorry about that -- we all seem to be looking for the better OS, and I saw Mint mentioned.

Adler
Husse

Post by Husse »

@ Adler
No worry :)
Just thought it was funny

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”