Link to My Documents

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
a2007
Level 1
Level 1

Link to My Documents

Post by a2007 »

Hello All,

First of all, fabulous distro!
I've been trying to get into Linux for over 6 months now, and haven't had an easy time of it.
Mint, however, just works! Of course, some small tweaks were needed, but nothing a complete novice like myself couldn't handle.
Thanks guys.

I did have a possible suggestion that would make it that much easer to maintain a dual boot system.
Although there are probably many good reasons to keep the home folder where it is, it would be great if you could change the default "Documents" folder to link to the "My Documents" folder on the Windows partition.
Furthermore, if you could create a situation in which the default save locations that appear when you get a "Save As" dialog could be changed to the "My Documents" folder on the Windows partition it would be wonderful. That way you wouldn't have to worry about which files are the most up-to-date and just have one folder with documents.

Like I said, the distro's great, and this little improvement would make it that much better (for myself at least).
a2007
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks

Post by a2007 »

worked like a charm.
thanks for the quick reply!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”