Problem with VLC Media Player..

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Trustnobody13

Problem with VLC Media Player..

Post by Trustnobody13 »

Ever since i re-installed Helena about a month a go i have had a problem with VLC that is really beginning to annoy me.
I have Totem and VLC installed to take care of any videos/TV that i want to watch and originally the picture used to cut out on both after 30 minutes without any other activity on my Machine.
After changing my power saving settings from 30 minutes to never Totem runs like a dream but VLC keeps cutting out after 30 minutes or so and i have to move the mouse around etc to get it playing again.
Has anybody ever had the same problem? If so could somebody please tell me how to fix this as i love using VLC and just want to be able to watch something without having to move the mouse around every thirty minutes or so just to keep watching...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: Problem with VLC Media Player..

Post by Brian49 »

This topic might be relevant:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=37376

I had the same problem with VLC (but with a 10-minute timeout), which went away after applying the workaround in the above thread. Worth a try, perhaps.

Return to “Sound”