Installation of software is slow this morning

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Installation of software is slow this morning

Post by gman »

Installation of software through Synaptic, Automatix and update manager is slow this morning 6/30/07 (10:00 AM USA CST). Anyone else experiencing this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

It's because of a thing called internet :)
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Installation of software is slow this morning

Post by scorp123 »

gman wrote: Anyone else experiencing this?
No :lol:

You may wish to read this too ....
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3259#23259

:wink:
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

Not the Internet. Everything else worked at normal speed. Downloads form other web sites were as usual. It was only when installing from Synaptic/mint install/automatix that my speed was slow.

Same thing this morning 5:15 AM CST. Internet and other sites work fine, Synaptic/mint install/automatix slow.

If it were simply Synaptic/automatix I could attribute that to Ubuntu or Automatic servers. But it is also Mint Install that is slow.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

gman wrote:Not the Internet. Everything else worked at normal speed. Downloads form other web sites were as usual. It was only when installing from Synaptic/mint install/automatix that my speed was slow.

Same thing this morning 5:15 AM CST. Internet and other sites work fine, Synaptic/mint install/automatix slow.

If it were simply Synaptic/automatix I could attribute that to Ubuntu or Automatic servers. But it is also Mint Install that is slow.
Thanks for sharing those observations and for these details. OK, then maybe the Mint servers were under heavy load? I think you should talk to clem ... you can reach him e.g. via a personal message. Thanks.
Husse

Post by Husse »

You seem to be in the US - the Mint related servers are in the EU and time here is 11:15 (or 12:15) and it can get busy
Don't know for automatix and I'm not quite sure where the Ubuntu servers are but I think in Europe
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Husse wrote:I'm not quite sure where the Ubuntu servers are but I think in Europe
They have mirrors world-wide :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”