connecting to cellphone

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

you could try installing gthumb and/or f-spot which are both photo management tools.
they should give you the needed tools to import your photos.

I prefer f-spot.

you can use synaptic to install your programs.

I have found that some times when i plug my camera in a pop up screen appears and asks if i want to import photos? I say yes but nothing happens. I then open f-spot and just select import and choose my camera from the list.

this may happen with your camera.

:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

it is f-spot, just to make sure it was not a typing error.

try in a terminal:

sudo apt-get install f-spot

phones and other USB devices with storage can either be seen as a USB storage device, and so get mounted and seen on the desktop, or they are seen as a PTP device (i think that is what it is called).
some photo apps install libs for both types and some dont.

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Did you try via bluetooth? I have to use bluetooth because my Sharp mobile phone doesn't get recognized either.

Another idea could be to have Windows and the original software for the mobile phone running inside VMware or VirtualBox (WINE won't work as WINE doesn't know anything about hardware ...). You first transfer the files + pictures from the phone to the virtual Windows, and then from the virtual Windows to your real Linux (e.g. via a network share that you could setup up between guest OS and host OS).

I did something like that for my iPAQ PDA and it works pretty well.

Return to “Other topics”